Computer Society of India (CSI) is a body of computer professionals in India. It was started
on 6 March 1965 by a few computer professionals and has now grown to be the national body representing computer professionals. It has 72 chapters across India, 511 student branches, and 100,000 members. It is a non-profit professional meet to exchange views and information to learn and share ideas. The mission of the CSI is to facilitate research, knowledge sharing, learning and career enhancement for all categories of IT professionals, while simultaneously inspiring and nurturing new entrants into the industry and helping them to integrate into the IT community. Besides the activities held at the Chapters and Student Branches, the Society also conducts periodic conferences, seminars. The following are some of the benefits of this chapter.
- Opportunity for students to interact with Industry professionals and chalk out a career path.
- Eligibility to publish articles in CSI communications and journal for student members
- Eligibility to be nominated for the best Student paper in CSI communications.
- Eligibility for CSI funded minor projects (for College Students).
- CSI Certification and Training programs at discounted rates for students
- Permission to conduct events under CSI Banner.